January 7, 2013 by Charlie Eisenhood in Livewire with 2 comments
In the comments on this morning’s piece about a partnership between NexGen and USA Ultimate, a commenter offers a very plausible solution to the current impasse.
[quote]USA Ultimate:- disposes of TCT (tiers) due to the negative reaction.
– commits to supporting a regular season with major showcase tournaments (Chesapeake, Labor Day, ECC, U.S. Open).
– allows Nexgen or some for-profit entity to manage the promotion of these events (potentially NexGen). As promised, prize money is dealt out.
– allows Nexgen to film every game for the frisbee nerds out there (you & me).
– lets their TV network deal thing film top games from these events (ex. finals of ECC).
– governs rules, membership, and rostering.
– focuses on the U.S. Open as their premier event along with Nationals.
– ensures there are qualifying events for the major “showcase tournaments” in similar vain to Chesapeake Open for Chesapeake Invite– I would support exemptions for teams in the top 8 or whatever.
– puts an exemption policy in place for top teams at sectionals.[/quote]
Would this work? What do you think?